Monday, August 10, 2015

Town vortex 8/6

We spent last night in Silverton at a hostel, we had real food, hot showers, and a soft mattress. Stephie chose to leave town and come back to the trail, she volunteered! I'm still surprised. Today we did 11 miles after starting at 1:00, gaining 2,500 feet of elevation. It was straight up. Bo was so tired that I took him off the leash and surprisingly he followed along as well, I don't know what is wrong with those two, guess I'm stuck with them. Although when we got to the top of one climb with Bo off the leash, Stephie spotted a deer; then Bo did too, and there was no stopping him. Even when I jumped in front of him he was so intent on saying hi to that deer the his royal highness took off after it. It was good to him he still has some spunk in, him I must admit. We got a great spot about half way up a mountain, with a roaring fire, and now it's time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment