Monday, August 10, 2015

8/9 Another cold one

Woke up this morning to frost inside and outside the tent, so I pulled my sleeping bag up over my head and went back to sleep. 11 miles in 2 days means we get to sleep in!

The frost has all melted... we're all still in the tent enjoying the heat of the morning sun, while our gear dries out.

Finally hit the trail around 11am ridge ran for 14 miles above tree line all day... it was hot and sunny, and basically no water. My neck is radiating heat, and my cheeks feel swollen.

When we got to the road where we planned to camp there was a small SUV and three people. One hiker, Mike and his parents. They gave us beer, cold, cold, wet, cold, beer, chips and guacamole, water, and just lit a fire. Could be in for a great night, we'll see.

Oh ya! I love when good people just do something good for no reason. Especially when trail angels don't know they are being trail angels, at the mention of the word they get a strange what did you call me / sheepish grin look on their face and seem to love the idea of what they accidentally did. That was the case tonight with this family and they fed us chili mac and sent us to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment