Tuesday, August 25, 2015

23 miles is a long day 8-23

We did another 23, it was not fun. We were on the trail by 8:15, had 13 miles in by lunch, and were totally exhausted when we got to camp. I did see a bull elk this evening as we were climbing up to the peak of another mountain, he was pretty big. I think I startled him more than he did me. When he heard me, I guess, he kinda jumped, then took off running from the left side of the trail maybe 20 yards out, across the trail away from me. I totally could have hit him with a football on a perfect slant. Stephie was behind me so she didn't get to see him. Should be a bit easier 19 tomorrow starting with a gradual down hill. Currently we are 159 miles from the end, and about 32 miles from our next shower, burger, beer, and real bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment