Monday, August 10, 2015

A cold morning 8/8

Last night didn't get above 50 degrees, when I got up at 5:30 to go to the little boys tree it was no where near 50, and it was wet. I was grumpy, to say the least. We camped at the head waters of the Rio Grande, and eventually made our way to the continental divide trail, crossed the 100 mile mark, and reached the highest peak on the Colorado Trail 13,271 feet. I felt so good climbing to that point that I decided I would go another 100 or so feet up to the top of the mountain. I put a rock on the highest peak and by the time I got it balanced Stephie was at the top, she didn't take one break, I am still impressed. Tonight we camped about 400 feet altitudinaly down from the trail, but are still at 12,600 feet. It's gonna be another cold one, but I will not be getting up at 5:30. We didn't really think about days for mailing foods so now we can relax and take 2 days to go 14 miles because tomorrow is Sunday and as Harry Potter put it so well: "There's no post on Sundays."

No comments:

Post a Comment