Wednesday, August 5, 2015

8/5/15 slow decent

After walking up to a gorgeous lake, no moose unfortunately, we have a bit of a climb before a giant 4,000 foot decent. We are leaving the high country, and getting back to tree level. It's a pretty standard day, hike, see something amazing, trip on a rock, tell Bo to keep up or slow down, hike, have a snack, drink some river water, go up a hill, kill a mosquito, hike. Until I realize the road we are supposed to get a hitch on tomorrow is a mountain jeep road, then I have a minor panic. Luckily before that road was another road that went to Silverton, which we got a hitch relatively quickly. Not short into the ride to Silverton, I find myself thinking "We are going to die in this little Asians Subaru." We didn't die, he was a student at cu boulder studying computer science, but he could have used a driving lesson. After he dropped us on the opposite end of town we managed to find the hostel. Now I'm clean, dry, and going to sleep on a mattress tonight with a belly full of hot food, and beer. Silverton is a cool little town, I've never been here before, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment