Tuesday, August 11, 2015

8/11 not a thru hike until Bo makes it one

There are lots of similarities between the AT and the CT. People are amazing, views are some that no one else will ever experience, same with the entire experience. But Bo wanted to make it feel more like my first thru hike. He wanted me to freak out, think my trip was over, then realize I have some pretty incredible friends, finish the hike, and make me feel bad when I see him again. So far we're still waiting on the incredible friends to come through, but it looks like we might luck out after all. If anyone is available to watch him for a week, weekend, or 3 weeks in Denver let me know. I'm antsy to get him all squared away, but the fact that some people are so willing to help out is not only humbling but also renewing of my faith in humanity. It seems like every time I lose faith in humanity, spending so much with people who are only looking out for themselves, all it takes is for me to go to the middle of nowhere, and have a problem before I realize: 1. My previous problems weren't that big (don't make a mountain out of a mole hill) 2. Good people tend to look out for each other and 3. There are good people every where you go, you just have to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment